By Mark O'Loughlin
ITIL 4 and the cloud
To coincide with the release of ITIL® 4, AXELOS and the CCC have produced a new whitepaper titled “ITIL 4 and the Cloud”. Examined in the whitepaper is how various structures from ITIL 4 can be utilized to meet the challenges organizations and IT professionals are facing today when adopting cloud-based services. Also, the whitepaper looks at how traditional IT Service Management practices have been impacted and challenged by the disruptive nature of cloud computing.
The traditional IT landscape and IT model that has served us well in the past has changed significantly. New digital technologies are taking over and enabling organizations to change, modify or adapt their business models under the guise of digital transformation. A significant difficulty facing ITSM professionals is where to start.
To help address this critical issue, topics covered in detail in the whitepaper look at how new structures in ITIL 4 relate to using cloud services and include:
- Impact of Cloud on IT Service Management and ITIL Lifecycle Processes
- ITIL 4 updated for a digital world
- Service Value System Considerations for Cloud
- Service Value Chains adapted for Cloud
- Value Stream Mapping
- Service Financial Management
- Service Level Agreements
- DevOps, Change Control, and Velocity of Change