Knowledge Byte: Provisioning Environments and Platform Services in Cloud
Cloud Credential Council (CCC)
● Deliver a resource management system mechanism that enables cloud consumers to create, control, and customized ready-made environments.
● Deliver rapid platform provisioning capabilities for ready-made environments
Easy provisioning—Virtual or physical resources can be created, resized, and assigned to hosts in a fraction of the time it takes to provision manually. The environment is simpler to manage. The provisioning system takes care of all access control requirements.
Here are some of the key activities that happen during provisioning. The actual implementation varies from one cloud provider to the next, but the overall purpose is to ease and simplify the effort needed to make resources available to clients.
During provisioning, the following elements are selected:
● Software platform and development frameworks for ready-made environments.
● Common frontend or backend instances.
● High-availability options (failover, IT resource clustering).
● Monitors SLA metrics.
● Basic software configurations (operating system, pre-installed software for new virtual servers).
● IaaS resource instances from a number of available hardware-related configurations and options (processing capabilities, RAM, storage) hosted.
● Manual provisioning is inefficient and introduces unacceptable risks due to human error and inefficient response times in complex cloud deployments with multiple users.
● PaaS offers a selection of application development and deployment platforms accommodating different programming models, languages, and frameworks.
● Automated provisioning engines, scripts, and templates are used on-demand provisioning.
Courses to help you get
results with Cloud
The industry-recognized CCC Professional Cloud Administrator certification provides you a hands-on, practical approach to Cloud provisioning for administrators and touches upon all the aspects of administering Cloud services. The training covers best practices on Cloud administration, Open Source, as well as global vendor standards.
Never miss an interesting article
Get our latest news, tutorials, guides, tips & deals delivered to your inbox.