It’s hard to imagine but 2019 is well and truly with us now. Farewell 2018, it was a good year, and you know what, 2019 is going to be even better.
2018 was a very busy year for the CCC. We achieved many of our objectives and start 2019 with great new ideas. Some brief highlights from 2018 include:
- CTA was relaunched as a two-day course with certification
- Internet of Things Foundation (IoTF) was launched also as a two-day course with certification
- CCC supported international IoT day and contributed over a thousand IoT exams
- CCC started the development of a new Blockchain Foundation course (Which will be
released in February 2019 – watch out for that)
- CCC launched the #RU Digital Ready? campaign
- Delivered keynotes, thought-leadership & conference sessions, and many webinars covering all things related to cloud, digital, and disruption
The CCC was asked to speak at, and attend, many conferences, events, and webinars throughout the year. Far too many to list here, but some highlights include:
- Japan Cloud Week (with ITpreneurs and EXIN Japan)
- Fusion18 (itSMF USA)
- ITSM18 (itSMF UK)
- Dublin Tech Summit (Moderator. Panel Discussion – Cloud)
- ITSM Crowd (ITSM Zone)
Keynote sessions delivered by the CCC focused on these two areas, which we believe remain as important to understand throughout 2019:
- Hey. Where has all the IT gone?
- The Effect of Digital Disruption on IT(SM)
One of our key themes last year, and continues throughout 2019, is the CCC #RU Digital Ready? campaign. We continue to help both organizations and individual IT Professionals on how to identify their digital readiness and where improvement is needed.
In June 2018, CIO.Com listed the Cloud Credential Council as One of the Most Valuable Cloud Computing Certifications Today. This represents a fantastic achievement from everyone involved in the CCC including staff, volunteers, authors, alliance partners and our training organisation network. My personal thank you to all of you for helping the CCC achieve such high level and global recognition.
To aid the #RU Digital Ready? campaign, the CCC is running a number of new initiatives throughout 2019. These initiatives have been developed through a number of exciting partnerships with the CCC and include:
- A brief organizational level assessment and individual report
- A digital skills survey
- A brief assessment of digital readiness for IT Professionals
Oh, and did I mention that throughout 2018 the CCC offered thousands of self-study packages and exams to event participants to support the #RU Digital Ready? message. Keep watching the CCC for details of our 2019 giveaways. News to follow.
We will be releasing more information on these initiatives throughout Q1, 2019. In the meantime, please get in touch with the CCC and let us know which initiatives you are interested in. Contact us at email@example.com
On a personal basis, I have spoken to many of our training partners, alliance partners, organizations and IT professionals. Thank you all for taking the time to talk to us, to listen to our story and in helping us. We continue the conversation into 2019. Keep talking to us so we can continue to improve and evolve.
2018 was a good year for the CCC. 2019 is already shaping up to a great year. We look forward to how the CCC Digital Portfolio is helping IT professionals and organizations address the on-going challenges around cloud, digital disruption and in adopting new digital technologies.
As the saying goes ‘We live in interesting times’. Let’s make 2019 interesting together.
See you sometime throughout 2019.
Managing Director, Cloud Credential Council.
About the author
Never miss an interesting article
Get our latest news, tutorials, guides, tips & deals delivered to your inbox.