Enterprises are adopting cloud computing
The cloud hype is over, and cloud computing is adopted within the enterprise landscape. Forrester explains in a December 2018 update that already 60% of North American Enterprises rely on public cloud infrastructures. Forrester predicts that for 2019 cloud spending will soar, as companies race to rapidly modernize their infrastructure. It is fair to say that cloud forms the foundation for every modern digital oriented organization.
Some of the benefits the Cloud can bring to organizations:
- Cost – no need to invest in infrastructure, costs are moving to operational expenditure for the use of the cloud
- Self Service – cloud is only really the cloud if there is self servicing. Can users manage all activities themselves without having to get in touch with the service provider or techpeople.
- Flexibility – scaling in the cloud is very easy, and when demand goes up, capacity grows with it.
- Collaboration – it’s much easier to work together in a cloud based infrastructure. No need to email documents back and forth anymore.
- Agility – Cloud allows organizations to move much faster – from idea to product is much faster realized.
These benefits become rapidly more attractive for organizations, as it helps them to deal with challenges such as slow commissioning of new servers, large investments in hardware, dealing with disparate and siloed teams. Migrating to the cloud also has an impact on the skills of modern professionals.
The importance of cloud skills are emerging
With Cloud acting as a foundation for modern organizations, the importance of cloud skills also emerges. Modern workers within IT or the business need to ready themselves for the cloud, and not just need the technological skills that come with working on cloud infrastructures, no they also need to fully understand the context of cloud, and the capabilities it provides.
For this reason the CCC launched the CTA (Cloud Technology Associate) Certification. A must have certification program for anyone who is involved in cloud. Whether you are an administrator interfacing with a cloud platform, a service manager looking to control the costs associated with modern licensing models, or a business user now presented with a solution that looks different every few months.
The relevance of CCC-CTA as a starting point for everyone working with cloud technologies
The CCC-CTA Certification helps to answer questions like – what are the typical benefits organizations achieve with cloud computing, what types of clouds are there, and which one is relevant to your organization. How does cloud computing related to DevOps, Big Data, AI?
This Certification program is relevant for both IT Pros, as well as non-tech users, and for experienced professionals as well as for those starting their career.
CCC-CTA covers the following key topics:
- The fundamental concepts and key terminology associated with cloud computing and virtualization
- The business benefits of cloud computing as well as a high level understanding of the technical aspects (without getting technical)
- Typical challenges and mitigation measures involved in cloud computing
- The steps for successful adoption of cloud computing
- Understand cloud security, security risks and mitigation measures
- Cloud models, and the pros and cons of various models
- The role of cloud in digital transformation, and specifically the link with DevOps, IoT, Big Data.
Interested in learning more about this program? You can start a self study program through the CCC, or join a training program from one of the CCC’s Training Partners.
About the author
Joey van Kuilenburg is a Product Marketeer who is making the world a better place, one product at a time. He prefers to put in a bit of extra work to make an “ok” product or experience an amazing product or experience.
Never miss an interesting article
Get our latest news, tutorials, guides, tips & deals delivered to your inbox.